Our Vision for children with SEN at Castlehill
Our vision for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND) is the same as for all children. We strive to ensure access for all to educational excellence in preparing children and young people for their futures, seeking to continually improve attainment and progress for all and secure the highest levels of achievement appropriate to the individual learner.
- SEND is a whole school responsibility requiring a whole school response
- all pupils admitted to the school in accordance with the school admission policy should receive a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. Staff should identify, as early and accurately as possible, any pupils with additional needs and make appropriate provision
- partnerships between home and school are important to ensure pupils and their parents are treated with respect and have their views taken into account
- staff should liaise with each other and governors and appropriate outside agencies in order to meet pupils’ needs effectively
- all staff working with pupils with SEND should be provided with appropriate levels of support and advice